E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…

Tuesday 1st November was an important date in the calendar here at Thomson and First Choice HQ. That’s when we embraced the hi-tech world of e-ticketing.

E-tickets are now available for anyone who’s booked a beach holiday on either thomson.co.uk or firstchoice.co.uk. Instead of sending you a mini ticket booklet through the post, we’ll email your tickets – and any associated travel vouchers – as a pdf attachment around six weeks before you’re due to fly. You can then either print off your tickets from the email or, if it’s more convenient, print them from your own personalised website, ‘mythomson’ or ‘myfirstchoice’ . If you’d like a bit more information about how these websites work, click here.

Two of the big benefits of e-ticketing are…

• It’s Easy It means you can keep everything online, from booking your holiday to receiving your tickets.

• It’s Better For The Environment It helps us meet our Holidays Forever commitments by cutting down on the amount of paper we use and reducing our carbon emissions.

First In Line…

To mark the launch, we dished out gifts to our very first e-ticket customers at Manchester and Gatwick airports.

Mr and Mrs Sharp Manchester Airport

Mr and Mrs Sharp from Leeds area

Mr and Mrs Sharp, from the Leeds area, checked in for their flight to Malaga at 3.20am on 1st November. The couple – who flew from Manchester – are spending a week at the Angela Hotel in Fuengirola. They’re loyal Thomson customers and were first to use the new e-ticketing system, giving lots of positive feedback in the process.

The Sharps enjoyed a glass of bubbly at the Thomson and First Choice check-in desk, plus they got a £30 Thomson Airways voucher to spend onboard their flight.

Mr and Mrs Smith Gatwick Airport

Mr and Mrs Smith over at Gatwick

Over at Gatwick, Mr and Mrs Smith, and their grandson, checked in for their flight to Alicante at 3am on the same day.

They found the new e-ticketing system really easy to understand, too. They went on their way with a bottle of bubbly and £30 of Thomson Airways vouchers.

Here’s what some of our other customers had to say about the new e-tickets…

“The new e-tickets are better because you don’t worry about your tickets not turning up in the post.”

“It was very easy to log in to myfirstchoice and print off my e-ticket.”

2,533 replies to "“E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…”"

1. Hannah Virden says: 13/07/2014 at 07:16

Hi, we are currently on holiday in Turkey and are flying back Tuesday. We have just realised we have not printed off our return boarding passes. Is this a problem or can we sort this at the airport? Thank you.

• Phil @Thomson says: 14/07/2014 at 05:30

Hi Hannah, This is not a problem. You will be able to collect boarding passes from the airport for your return flight.

2. Lyndsay Buckwell says: 11/07/2014 at 19:51

Departing 16 August 2014 from Gatwick for 2 weeks all inclusive to Arrecife.
    Lead Passenger = L. Buckwell plus S. Buckwell, J Dunkeld, and R Dunkeld

We have tried to gain access to the Manage Your Account on line however it says that we are unable to access our account information. We are using the booking references quoted on the paperwork: 0283/26759 and 3852536 (dont know why we have 2) and neither work.

We booked for the holiday over the phone as your online site was not working and we paid for the holiday in our local Thomson branch in Eastbourne.

We wish to register our passports and increase our luggage allowance etc etc.

Why are we unable to do this online??????

• Phil @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 00:04

Hi Lyndsay, Unfortunately Manage My Booking is not available for store bookings. However, API information and flight extras can be added through the website flightextras.thomson.co.uk . I hope this helps. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

3. Amy says: 09/07/2014 at 10:49

Hi I booked in store at Thomsons a weeks holiday to Tunisia. When I log on to the app or my thomson website it comes up with a different hotel that I have booked. I have been into the store and they said that someone will correct this in time for us to print our e tickets out. This still hasn’t been done and we go in 6 weeks. Will I be able to print my tickets off and will it be for the correct hotel???

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 00:06

Hi Amy, Apologies for any concerns caused by this. So I can check on this for you, could you please email your issue and booking reference to cares@thomson.co.uk? Once I’ve received your email, I’ll be able to check on your hotel set-up and e-ticket availability.

4. david says: 08/07/2014 at 08:51

Hi I’ve just received my e-tickets but mine and my wife’s name are wrong because I have a long name they have left out 3 letters on the last name I have booked a cruise with you as well will this cause any problems ????????????????????

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 00:32

Hi David, So I can check on this for you, could you please let me know your booking reference? If it’s because your name’s long and we weren’t able to fit this on when booking your holiday, then this shouldn’t be a problem.

5. hayley says: 07/07/2014 at 15:03

Hi. I have printed off my etickets and checked in online and printed the boarding passes for my First Choice holiday to Bodrum, Turkey, however I can’t find details of my transfers in anything that I’ve printed.

It just says “2x Airport Transfers” on the documents, but no info as to what I do to find my transfer when I get to the Holiday destination’s airport, could anyone please advise? I’ve booked the shared shuttle.

With previous holiday companies I’ve used, the transfer company info, and what to do when I get there is usually in the documentation.

Thanks,

Hayley

• Phil @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 01:48

Hi Hayley, Thank you for your message. I apologise for the confusion – Upon arrival at Bodrum airport you will be greeted by our Thomson welcome staff who will be able to direct you to the correct transfer for your hotel. I hope this helps. If you have any further queries, please do get in touch. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

6. Arlene says: 06/07/2014 at 19:53

I booked my holiday over the phone and my daughter booked hers online.. she’s had an email with her e-tickets but I haven’t and we’re going to the same place on the same flight. could you tell me how and when I get my e-tickets?

• Arlene says: 06/07/2014 at 21:28

it’s ok I got them emailed to me

• Phil @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 02:21

Hi Arlene, I’m sorry you have not yet received your e-tickets. This will be in email form and while I’m unable to state when you will receive these, if you could send me your booking reference I can re-issue this to be sent to you.

7. Julia Ride says: 06/07/2014 at 12:08

I have just received the documents which I have printed in confirmation of my holiday on the 16th July 2014, however, under the ‘Advanced Passenger Information’ section I am told to go to the Thomson website and enter my booking reference along with the date I am due to fly and my surname. However, when I enter this I am told I have entered the information incorrectly. I have tried many times now to no success, so I am hopeful that you will be able to get back to me and let me know what could be happening. Thank you, Julia.

• Phil @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 02:30

Hi Julia, It’s disappointing to hear you’re having difficulties entering your API details. If you could send me your booking reference, I’ll look into why this is for you.

8. Louise says: 05/07/2014 at 14:15

I have my e ticket but I am unable to print my boarding pass, will the e ticket be enough? Will I just get my boarding pass upon checking?

• Amanda @Thomson says: 06/07/2014 at 00:29

Hi Louise, Please send your query through to us at cares@thomson.co.uk so we help you with this.

9. Keith Davies says: 02/07/2014 at 10:35

I have an incorrect E-ticket, the baggage allowance is wrong. I have contacted all the telephone numbers and have been told the mistake will be rectified within 24 hours. It still has not, can you please contact me to sort it? We are a party of 13 and being told it will be OK is not cutting it with all of them.

• Amanda @Thomson says: 06/07/2014 at 02:03

Hi Keith, Can you please send your booking reference to cares@thomson.co.uk so we can have a look at this for you.

10. Maria says: 30/06/2014 at 13:09

I am due to fly in 14 days but the boarding pass is not ready to print. How long do I leave it before trying again (I’m not able to check emails daily)? And if there is a problem with printing, can this be down at my local Travel Agents?

• Amanda @Thomson says: 06/07/2014 at 04:30

Hi Maria, When you check in online, if you’re unable to print out your boarding passes then you can log in at a later date and print them out. You’re able to ask your local agents if they can print them for you, however they may charge you for this service and this would be at the discretion of the store. If you would us to take a look at this, please send your reference to cares@thomson.co.uk.

11. jp says: 28/06/2014 at 11:36

have an old laser printer if the quality is not good enough for the bar code not to be automatically read at airport will i be refuse to go on or will they just type in the bar code numbers as they do at a supermarket when laser at check-out does not always read the code?

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 03:44

Hi JP, If your boarding cards aren’t of a clear enough quality, then it’s likely our check-in staff would replace them for you. However, please don’t worry – as there isn’t a scenario in which you’d be denied boarding.

• Phil @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 03:56

Hi JP, Thank you for your message. As long as the information is able to be read, you will not encounter any problems with your boarding passes. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

12. hubert says: 28/06/2014 at 06:31

hello,
    I have a return flight from Fuerteventura with Norwegian Airlines, How to check in Norwegian. I have t any references from Norwegian
    thanks

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 03:31

Hi Hubert, You’ll need to check-in directly with Norwegian Airlines once you arrive at the airport.

13. alex says: 26/06/2014 at 22:00

Hi, I have printed my e-tickets, boarding passes and booking confirmation off for my holiday, however I cannot find any information on my transfers apart from ’4x coach transfer included’ on both the confirmation and e-ticket. How do I find out any more info on this, where to go etc.. Thanks

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 03:24

Hi Alex, More information will be provided to you about your transfers once you arrive at your destination airport. If you find our reps, then they’ll be able to let you know where to go.

14. john says: 26/06/2014 at 20:27

Flying to cancun on 11/07/14 wont let me print off boarding passes, says not available??

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 03:20

Hi John, I’m sorry that we didn’t get round to answering your query before you travelled. I hope you were able to resolve your query before you departed.

15. Nicola says: 24/06/2014 at 20:15

I have checked in online and fly tomorrow at 12 but printer has just broken so I cannot print off e tickets, will I be able to do this at check in desk please answer ASAP

• Phil @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 04:19

Hi Nicola, I’m sorry we have been unable to provide a response sooner. As I’m sure you’re aware by now, you are able to print your boarding passes at the airport desk. I hope you had a fantastic holiday.

16. Laiken says: 24/06/2014 at 19:41

Hi, I fly out to cypus in the morning but on my return flight my daughters 8years and 4years are sat 14 and 16 row away from me is there anything at all I can to about this? As am not having them sat on there own it’s stupid with the ages they are.

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 01:51

Hi Scott, If you’re unhappy with the seats you’ve been allocated, then you’ll need to log into our Flight Extras website and pay for the Select Your Seat service. However, I must stress that this is a paid service – and to remain fair and consistent with those who’ve paid to guarantee their preferred seating, we cannot waive this costing.

17. Paul McAnespie says: 24/06/2014 at 14:45

I’m due tof fly to Corfu from Aberdeen on 11/7 for seven nights. You have booked me on Germania Airlines. I can’t pre-book seats. The site doesn’t recognise any of the booking references I have. An explanation would be greatly appreciated.

• Phil @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 04:54

Hi Paul, If you are travelling on a Germania Airlines flight, you will need to contact them directly regarding pre-selecting seats. I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused.

18. JohnSammon says: 24/06/2014 at 06:59

can u send our tickets by post, as i have not got a printer

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 01:45

Hi John, If you send your booking reference over to cares@thomson.co.uk alongside your request, we can look to do this for you.

19. Katie Bee says: 22/06/2014 at 17:22

I have booked a package holiday with Thompson so flights and a hotel. I believe it is through sky tours. I am due to depart in less than a month and haven’t received any e tickets or plane information . We made the booking over the phone. I am slightly worried as I am unsure if I will be emailed the tickets or sent in the post!. anything would help

many thanks

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/06/2014 at 04:04

Hi Katie, If you contact the number on your booking confirmation, they’ll be able to advise you on your e-tickets. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.

20. Leanne says: 22/06/2014 at 15:50

Hi, I am off in 2 weeks, and have realised I haven’t sorted any luggage labels, do Thomson provide these at all or do I need to create my own? Many thanks

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/06/2014 at 05:15

Hi Leanne, We no longer supply luggage labels. Your luggage is now electronically tagged at the airport. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.

21. Rachel says: 21/06/2014 at 10:27

Hello, I have checked in online and printed my boarding passes. I was just wondering whether I still need to print a copy of my E-ticket? Will I need this for the return journey or will my boarding passes be enough. Thanks

• Phil @Thomson says: 12/07/2014 at 18:29

Hi Rachel, While we always advise customers to carry a copy of your e-ticket, your boarding pass will be enough for your return flight.

22. hannah says: 20/06/2014 at 22:23

hi if you don’t have access to a printer, can you pick up your boarding passes at the airport? we have already got our eticket documents x

• Chloe.Charles says: 21/06/2014 at 02:40

Hi Hannah, You’ll be able to get these from the check in desk at the airport free of charge.

• JohnSammon says: 24/06/2014 at 07:02

is that all we need to do, i thought we would need tickets, if boarding passes is all we need then that will be fine

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/07/2014 at 01:48

Hi John, If you check in online then you will need to take boarding cards to the airport with you. However if not, then you’ll need your etickets to check in traditionally at the airport.

23. Charlotte holland says: 19/06/2014 at 09:45

when you print boarding passes of do they have to be in couler as I only have a black and white printer

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/06/2014 at 02:30

Hi Charlotte, You can print them in either black and white or colour. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.

24. Diane says: 18/06/2014 at 14:09

can someone please solve the problem of missing E ticket ?
    have not received them via email or shop. have been to local shop 4 times no help ! tried phoning helpline on hold for 20mins and now shop tells me you posted them to my address which cant be true as they are “E TICKETS” ?? lead name diane Udy ref:

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/06/2014 at 02:14

Hi Diane, Thanks for your message about your holiday.

I’m sorry that we were unable to reply to your email before you left for your holiday and for any disappointment this may have caused.

I hope this was resolved upon arrival and that you went on to have a great holiday.

25. Hannah says: 18/06/2014 at 12:06

Hello,
    Me and my boyfriend are going on holiday on the 30th of this month. I popped into my local thomson store this morning and they printed off my e-ticket and my excursion details. Is this all we need to take with us? Do we not need a boarding pass? Also, what is checking in online 14 days before you fly? I’m confused about all this!
    Thank you.

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/06/2014 at 02:23

Hi Hannah, Thanks for your message about your holiday.

26. Nicola Jeffrey says: 17/06/2014 at 08:43

Hi, is it ok to print off the e-tickets in black and white? Or is it essential that they are in colour?

• James @Thomson says: 30/06/2014 at 02:07

Hi Nicola, You’ll be fine to print off your e-tickets and boarding passes in black and white. They’ll be equally accepted.

27. Lisa Everson says: 16/06/2014 at 08:05

Mt parents checked in online on saturday and didnt have a printer to print the boarding passes so he saved the file and e-mailed them to me and I cannot open it either can you e-mail me their boarding passes I have e-mailed thompsoncares@thompson.co.uk

• Dan @Thomson says: 21/06/2014 at 04:03

Hi Lisa, Our boarding passes are in a PDF format so you’ll need the latest Adobe Reader to open these. You can also log back in to Flight Extras and re-print the passes as well. The email address you’ve contacted is incorrect, our address is thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk.

28. Leanne says: 13/06/2014 at 10:02

I travel 19.06.14.
    I have my E-Ticket, boarding pass, hotel, car park & extra leg room seat confirmation which I have printed off. Other than my passport….is there anything else I need to print in the way of documentation/check in stuff????? I want to check as before E-Tickets everything got sent in the post which was easy.
    Leanne

• Chloe.Charles says: 13/06/2014 at 10:45

Hi Leanne, It sounds to me like you’re all sorted – If you wanted to enter your API passport information online then you could do so, however this will be available for you to do at the check in desk.

29. Tracey Davis says: 13/06/2014 at 07:04

Hi I haven’t had my ticket emailed yet can u help haven’t got ref number

• Chloe.Charles says: 13/06/2014 at 09:43

Hi Tracey, If you email thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk and provide me with the lead passenger name, date of departure, which airports you’re travelling to and from and the duration of your holiday, I can look into this for you and resend your booking confirmation – which will include your reference number.

• Chloe.Charles says: 13/06/2014 at 10:35

Hi Tracey, If you email thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk and let me know the lead passenger name, date of departure, which airport your departing from and arriving at and the duration of the holiday – I’ll look into this for you and try to re-issue your booking confirmation.

30. Zoe says: 10/06/2014 at 10:46

Hi, I’m flying out in a weeks time and I want to print out my boarding passes and e-tickets but I do not have a printer that can print in colour. Will I be able to print them off in black and white? I don’t want to have any problems at the airport.

• Chloe.Charles says: 13/06/2014 at 12:36

Hi Zoe, You’ll be fine to print your boarding passes off in black and white – this won’t cause you any problems at check in.