Home » Behind-The-Scenes » E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…

E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…

Tuesday 1st November was an important date in the calendar here at Thomson and First Choice HQ. That’s when we embraced the hi-tech world of e-ticketing.

E-tickets are now available for anyone who’s booked a beach holiday on either thomson.co.uk or firstchoice.co.uk. Instead of sending you a mini ticket booklet through the post, we’ll email your tickets – and any associated travel vouchers – as a pdf attachment around six weeks before you’re due to fly. You can then either print off your tickets from the email or, if it’s more convenient, print them from your own personalised website, ‘mythomson’ or ‘myfirstchoice’ . If you’d like a bit more information about how these websites work, click here.

Two of the big benefits of e-ticketing are…

• It’s Easy It means you can keep everything online, from booking your holiday to receiving your tickets.

• It’s Better For The Environment It helps us meet our Holidays Forever commitments by cutting down on the amount of paper we use and reducing our carbon emissions.

First In Line…

To mark the launch, we dished out gifts to our very first e-ticket customers at Manchester and Gatwick airports.

Mr and Mrs Sharp Manchester Airport
Mr and Mrs Sharp from Leeds area

Mr and Mrs Sharp, from the Leeds area, checked in for their flight to Malaga at 3.20am on 1st November. The couple – who flew from Manchester – are spending a week at the Angela Hotel in Fuengirola. They’re loyal Thomson customers and were first to use the new e-ticketing system, giving lots of positive feedback in the process.

The Sharps enjoyed a glass of bubbly at the Thomson and First Choice check-in desk, plus they got a £30 Thomson Airways voucher to spend onboard their flight.

Mr and Mrs Smith Gatwick Airport
Mr and Mrs Smith over at Gatwick

Over at Gatwick, Mr and Mrs Smith, and their grandson, checked in for their flight to Alicante at 3am on the same day.

They found the new e-ticketing system really easy to understand, too. They went on their way with a bottle of bubbly and £30 of Thomson Airways vouchers.

Here’s what some of our other customers had to say about the new e-tickets…

“The new e-tickets are better because you don’t worry about your tickets not turning up in the post.”

“It was very easy to log in to myfirstchoice and print off my e-ticket.”

2,681 Responses to “E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…”

1. a.feeney@hotmail.co.uk' andrew

my e ticket is 20 pages long which part do i need to print off

• Kayley.Norman@thomson.co.uk' Kayley Norman

Hi Andrew, You will only need the page which states this is your e-ticket, however an e-ticket is not a necessity to travel so you do not need to print this if you do not wish. ^Kayley

2. banker16@icloud.com' Ash

Hi, I have booked a Thomson holiday to go away to lanzarotte for a family of four, I have entered all the Api details and already pre booked seats. Realised my printer is not working can I use the “green” automated checkin at Manchester airport (T2) like Manchester airport websites advises to print off boarding passes etc, or will this slow the process down.

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Ash, You’ll be able to receive your boarding passes at the check-in desk ^Charlotte

3. w.broad@mi-uk.com' wendy broad

hello we booked on line holiday and filled in all necessary forms api and have printed our e ticket we are an elderly couple and us helped us book we do not wish to check in on line and have been told by the local shop that we can take our e ticket as usual to the check in is this correct we travel sunday

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Wendy, That’s correct. You can check-in at the bag drop desk on Sunday. Please take a copy of your e-ticket and passports, the agent there will give you a copy of your boarding cards ^Jo

• Sophie.Lloyd@thomson.co.uk' Sophie Lloyd

Hi Maria, Yes this will be fine ^Sophie

4. mazhols@gmail.com' Maria

Hi my friend is traveling to tomorrow he’s booked fights with you to benidorm. Would booking confirmation be enough to give at airport? Or will he need to print eticket as well thanks.

• Sophie.Lloyd@thomson.co.uk' Sophie Lloyd

Hi Maria, This would be fine ^Sophie

5. davyo@hotmail.co.uk' David

Hi guys do I need to print off my e ticket for my hotel or can I just show them the email on my phone? I don’t have access to a printer thanks David

• Jodie.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Jodie Williams

Hi David, You can show the hotel a copy of your confirmation on your phone.^Jodie

6. mollymcclarty@aol.co.uk' Molly McClarty

Hey, I’m travelling to tenerife on Sunday 25th September. The lead passenger of our party hasn’t received our e-tickets to her email address? We don’t know whether it’s a problem with her email or something else? Is it possible to send it to my address and print them off?!

Hi Molly, Would it be possible for the lead passenger to email cares@thomson.co.uk with this request and the booking reference. We should be able to send these an an attachment then. ^Sam

7. alanrasewalker@talktalk.net' Mr A Walker

Ref 2150926 holiday paid for on 04/07/2016 have nnot recieved E Ticket.have telephoned your peopleo three times each occasion have been told that the tickets will be E Mailed within the next 24 to 48 hours.int his modern ageI most peopleare cable of E MAILING on request

• Adam.Simson@thomson.co.uk' Adam Simson

Hi Mr Walker, I have emailed you your E-tickets ^Sophie

8. joycetatters@16gmail.com' joyce

Hi we travel to ibiza on 12 th September I have deleted my e tickets from my emails and i have no other documentation thank you

9. kath-vince160448@tiscali.co.uk' V.Hughes

BOOKING REF. 2****2 I have received confusing emails from you 5/09/2016 the latter email 15.17 hrs requested my booking ref while another email sent at 15.03 suggested everything was in hand and being dealt with.
    My question is when will I receive my email tickets, on your FAQ site it suggested 4 to 5 weeks before my holiday, I go on holiday 3weeks come Friday 9th Sept 2016.
    THankyou
    V Hughes

Hi, E-tickets get issued 2-3 weeks prior to your departure however if you are flying with Thomson you can check-in online wwww.flightextras.thomson.co.uk If you have pre-booked your seats you can do this two weeks prior to your departure, if not then this will be available 7 days prior to your departure. ^Gemma

10. tim.sugden@hotmail.co.uk' Tim sugden

Hi do I need to give a credit card when we check in to the hotel for an all inclusive holiday? Thanks

Hi Tim, Can you advise which hotel you will be staying in? ^Jaz

11. jane.oddy@tiscali.co.uk' jane

Hi , I am flying on a package holiday with Thomson in 3 weeks but I have not received my E-ticket? Do I need an E-Ticket to fly & check into my hotel ? or can i just use my booking receipt email

Hi Jane, An e-ticket is not an essential document to travel. If you’ve not received this then you can take your booking confirmation with you. This is what you’ll need to check in to the hotel. I hope you have a great holiday. ^Kayley

12. dgm1938@virginmedia.com' David

I am not receiving emails from Thomson. I need my E ticket you have my correct email address so why is there a problem ?

13. rachel.bod@hotmail.co.uk' rachel

hello,

i have just received my e tickets. on the email it has mine and my partners name but not our middle names although i have entered these on the API page. just wondered if this is ok as it states needs to be the same as on passports? thanks,

• Adam.Simson@thomson.co.uk' Adam Simson

Hi Rachel, We only require that your first initial and full surname match your passports to travel with us. Middle names are not accounted for ^Jo

14. rexyeoman@outlook.com' rex yeoman

Is your e-ticket your boarding pass, I have e-ticket and it says to go to the website and print off boarding pass I cannot do this as my printer is broken?

• Adam.Simson@thomson.co.uk' Adam Simson

Hi Rex, You can show your e-ticket at the airport desk instead and the staff there will give you a printed boarding card ^Jo

15. xoma21@inbox.lv' Ilona

Hi.I still didn’t get the flay tickets on email.but 4.09.16 we have to flay.

Hi Ilona, Please can you advise what tickets you’re waiting for? Are these your e-tickets? ^Kayley

• xoma21@inbox.lv' Ilona

I by tickets to go to Greece Holliday all including Thomson. I don’t know if is e-tickets.I pay money and they give my reference nomber and write after 31 July will be tickets on email. I still didn’t gate them

• Adam.Simson@thomson.co.uk' Adam Simson

Hi Ilona, If you do not receive your e-tickets you can travel on your booking confirmation. ^Jodie

• xoma21@inbox.lv' Ilona

But I need flay tickets.I don’t remember flay time and airoport. I don’t understand why this company don’t send tickets when I order.please can you send tickets on email?when I by for me write will send and I would like to have them on email.

• xoma21@inbox.lv' Ilona

Hi.I’m sorry I just now find. I wait from Thomson, but your company sent from firstchoice. Thanks for help

• Adam.Simson@thomson.co.uk' Adam Simson

You’re welcome Ilona ^Jo

16. jonnyricer5@gmail.com' Jon marcant

Hi there we have booked an all inclusive but our etickets show self catering this is worrying!! What’s happened???

Hi Jon, Did you make your booking in store or online? ^Kayley

Hi, What issues are you currently experiencing? ^Jaz

17. carolinesomerville@btinternet.com' Caroline

I have not received e tickets and travel in a week what do I do?

Hi Caroline, If you’ve not received these then you can take your booking confirmation as an e-ticket is not compulsory to travel. ^Kayley

18. richard.steels@btinternet.com' Richard steels

I have mine and my wifes boarding pass on my phone is this ok to have both passes on one phone

Hi Richard, Yes this won’t be an issue. ^Kayley

• coryboy07@sky.com' neil

Hi my wife disnt have phone ive booked holiday will she need phone for her boarding pass or is mine fine for both

Hi Neil, You will be handed new boarding passes at the check-in desk as long as you have your original booking confirmation. ^Caitlin

• Adam.Simson@thomson.co.uk' Adam Simson

Hi, You are able to print them off however if you wish you can display these upon your phone. You will be able to select your seats, which may be at a fee, by visiting https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk/ ^Adam

19. peterbowdler7@sky.com' PETER BOWDLER

It’s been a while since going abroad so do not quite understand e-tickets. I printed off (about 10 sheet’s) the e ticket which has accommodation, flights, contact details etc but what do I do now?. Shouldn’t they have barcodes etc.

Hi Peter, Have you checked in for your flight online? If you use our online check in service then you’ll need to print your boarding passes. If you don’t wish to use the online check in service then you’ll just proceed to the airport check in desks and the staff will provide you with any further documentation. ^Kayley

Hi Tracy, You do not need any documentation for you accommodation only your E-tickets/boarding passes to check-in at the airport. Your hotel will be aware of your arrival. ^Gemma

20. graysharon920@yahoo.com' Sharon gray

I have E-tickets on my phone please can you tell me if I need to print them off . Also do I have to pre book my seats,

Hi Sharon, You do not need to print these as all you need to travel with is your original booking confirmation. If you wish to guarantee seats together then we would recommend paying for the service to Select Your Seats. ^Caitlin

21. tj43@hotmail.co.uk' Theresa

I fly in ten days time. My fiends all have their e tickets…. When will I get mine?