Home » Behind-The-Scenes » E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…

E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…

Tuesday 1st November was an important date in the calendar here at Thomson and First Choice HQ. That’s when we embraced the hi-tech world of e-ticketing.

E-tickets are now available for anyone who’s booked a beach holiday on either thomson.co.uk or firstchoice.co.uk. Instead of sending you a mini ticket booklet through the post, we’ll email your tickets – and any associated travel vouchers – as a pdf attachment around six weeks before you’re due to fly. You can then either print off your tickets from the email or, if it’s more convenient, print them from your own personalised website, ‘mythomson’ or ‘myfirstchoice’ . If you’d like a bit more information about how these websites work, click here.

Two of the big benefits of e-ticketing are…

• It’s Easy It means you can keep everything online, from booking your holiday to receiving your tickets.

• It’s Better For The Environment It helps us meet our Holidays Forever commitments by cutting down on the amount of paper we use and reducing our carbon emissions.

First In Line…

To mark the launch, we dished out gifts to our very first e-ticket customers at Manchester and Gatwick airports.

Mr and Mrs Sharp Manchester Airport
Mr and Mrs Sharp from Leeds area

Mr and Mrs Sharp, from the Leeds area, checked in for their flight to Malaga at 3.20am on 1st November. The couple – who flew from Manchester – are spending a week at the Angela Hotel in Fuengirola. They’re loyal Thomson customers and were first to use the new e-ticketing system, giving lots of positive feedback in the process.

The Sharps enjoyed a glass of bubbly at the Thomson and First Choice check-in desk, plus they got a £30 Thomson Airways voucher to spend onboard their flight.

Mr and Mrs Smith Gatwick Airport
Mr and Mrs Smith over at Gatwick

Over at Gatwick, Mr and Mrs Smith, and their grandson, checked in for their flight to Alicante at 3am on the same day.

They found the new e-ticketing system really easy to understand, too. They went on their way with a bottle of bubbly and £30 of Thomson Airways vouchers.

Here’s what some of our other customers had to say about the new e-tickets…

“The new e-tickets are better because you don’t worry about your tickets not turning up in the post.”

“It was very easy to log in to myfirstchoice and print off my e-ticket.”

2,608 Responses to “E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…”

1. les.guy@paragon-europe.com' Les

I fly 1st of June and have checked in online but the confirmation process will not let me print of the boarding cards. Is there a time restriction on when I can do this ?

Hi Les, There is no time restriction for printing the boarding passes out, The staff in store can print these out for you if you are having trouble, however this will be at their discretion if a chargeable fee will be added. As an alternative, if you have the original booking reference email with you then you can print these passes out at the check in desk in the airport. ^Matthew

2. sarah-hutchinson@sky.com' Sarah

Hi we’ve noticed we can only print boarding passes 7 days In advance how do we print passes for the way home when we are abroad? Travelling to Lanzarote mid May

Hi Sarah, Your boarding passes for the return flight will not need to be printed. You will be given these at check-in on your return. ^Caitlin

3. jt@reeffinancialservices.com' jerome thompson

have not received a confirmation e mail for my cruise and have no confirmation. I have phoned three times during last two weeks and been promised one would be sent. We fly tomorrow! I have been able to print boarding passes. Not very good Thomson. This is causing my wife and I stress when we should be able to look forward to our cruise.

Hi Jerome, Please email us at cares@thomson.co.uk your booking details and we will check this for you. Please do not worry as you are able to check-in with your booking reference. ^Gemma

4. elinadaimorgan@gmail.com' Elin

I have checked in online, and have my boarding passes, abut I can’t print off the luggage tags – can I pick some up at the airport?

Hi Elin, We no longer provide luggage labels however you will get your standard check-in/baggage drop off labels at the airport. ^Gemma

5. terry.bromley@btinternet.com' Terry

Hi i have booked a hollday with you but dont go until end of July 16. Do you send my e tickets and my boarding passes together. And when does this happen. thx.

• hayley.pattison@thomson.co.uk' Hayley Pattison

Hi Terry, You’ll receive your e-tickets approximately four weeks before you’ll travel. You’ll need to check-in online in order to get your boarding passes. ^Hayley

6. karen.miles68@icloud.com' Karen miles

Why do I need to print my e-ticket, can’t I just use the scan in my passbook on my phone?

• Adam.Simson@thomson.co.uk' Adam Simson

Hi Karen, You can use the passbook on your phone. We recommend printing them off as some don’t have access to a smartphone capable of displaying the QR code. ^Adam

7. karen.miles68@icloud.com' Karen miles

Why do I need to print can’t I just use the scan in my passbook on my phone?

• Adam.Simson@thomson.co.uk' Adam Simson

Hi Karen, You’ll be able to use the scan on your phone. ^Adam

8. quyen.poidevin@gmail.com' Claudio

It’s enormoius that you are getting ideas from this piece of
    writing as well as from our dialogue made at this time.

9. apringle17@live.com' Alana

Hi, I have booked a holiday with thomson with my flight leaving on Friday. I have been able to print boarding passes and e-ticket. However, I am unsure of how to print my return passes as it appears to be a different company my return flight is with?

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson

Hi Alana, You’re able to check in at the airport for your return flight.

10. lorrainecoward@hotmail.com' Kim Lorraine Coward

I can’t seem to log in with either of the reference numbers you have given me to add advanced passenger information, or print off our e-tickets.

• lorrainecoward@hotmail.com' Kim Lorraine Coward

Sorry saw your reply earlier so this is redundant now

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Sammi @Thomson

Thanks for letting us know, Kim.

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Sammi @Thomson

Hi Kim, If you provide me with your booking reference number I’ll look into this for you.

11. gillian_bullion@hotmail.com' Gillian bullion

You’re booking system needs more than a little attention. My group’s boarding passes have the incorrect name for two people and you are totally unable to correct this. I notified you when I noticed this in the middle of last week. I anticipate a big problem at the airport on Wednesday. I am worried. Now I see your comment page has been closed down. Sounds very suspicious to me. I booked through a local agent who tells me that nothing can now be done until I get to the airport. Two mistakes on the boarding passes have already been made on both. Are you having the boarding passes prepared by an Asian call centre? I am getting the feeling that there is no pre travel complaints facility.

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Sammi @Thomson

Hi Gillian, I’m sorry for the time it’s taken to get back to you and hope you were able to find the answer to your query prior to your departure date.

12. lorrainecoward@hotmail.com' Lorraine Coward

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Sammi @Thomson

Hi Lorraine, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. When logging-in please ensure you’re entering your flight reference number – which doesn’t include a ‘/’. It’s worth noting, if you’re flying with a third party airline, it isn’t possible to check-in online. If you’re still having problems, please provide me with your booking reference number and I’ll look into this further for you.

13. cat15@hotmail.co.uk' Catb

I’ve booked Thomson flights for 4th August through a third party (Travel Republic) and I wanted to know how I can check in online or will I have to do it at the airport? I’ve tried the codes that Travel Republic have sent me but they are not recognised on your website.
    Many thanks
    Cat

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Sammi @Thomson

Hi Cat, I’m sorry for the time it’s taken to get back to you and hope you were able to find the answer to your query prior to your departure date.

14. johnd241@gmail.com' Johnd240

Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that Thanks for lunch! cdecaekbeebb

15. S.brannon561@btinternet.com' Steven brannon

Hi, haven’t traveled for years and have read through some of the Q&aA’s on this thread: do I not need to put a luggage label on my case then, is it all done at check in? Cheers.

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Steven, This is correct – A label will be placed on your baggage at the bag drop desk.

16. corbett123@hotmail.com' Stephen Corbett

I a due to fly to Majorca on Wednesday but cannot check in online. When I try I keep getting a message saying online check in cannot be offered. Will we be able to check in at the airport with only an e ticket email? What will happen about return flights?

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Stephen, Yes you can still check in at the airport for both your outbound and inbound flights. Alternatively, if you’d like to send me your query and booking reference to cares@thomson.co.uk, I’ll look into this for you.

17. corbett123@hotmail.com' Stephen Corbett

I am due to fly on Wednesday but am unable to check in online, I keep getting an error message saying online check in cannot be offered. Can we still check in at the airport, will this cause problems with return boarding cards?

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Stephen, I’m sorry we weren’t able to get back to you before your departure date. As you’ll now be aware, you can still check in at the airport for both your outbound and inbound flights.

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Lesley, We’re not aware of any issues with the e-tickets being able to be printed. Can you please explain what seems to be the problem?

• yvetteandpete@aol.com' Yvette Gale

We are having problems printing off E Tickets. The link shown to do this goes directly to “My Thomson Cruise” and we have no idea what to do. If we turn up at the airport will this be ok?

• Natasha @Thomson

Hi Yvette, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been unable to print your E-Tickets. Once you click on the link, https://www.thomson.co.uk/managemybooking/login.page you should be able to fill in the relevant information to sign into the website. The booking reference you need to enter should be something that looks like this 1234/12345. If you’re still unable to print them off please email us at Cares@Thomson.co.uk with your booking reference details and we can try have a look into this for you.

18. Danielmcguire05@hotmail.co.uk' Daniel thomas

I booked a holiday through thomson but checking on the hotels website it does state that I need the hotel voucher that will allow me access to the hotel, transfers I bought and also to see some acts. I didnt receive these when I went in and asked th to print all the information off and also didn’t receive an email with a copy I could print. So the question is will I need the documentation if I booked through thomson instead or directly through them or am I missing a vital documents ??

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Daniel, It may be that this will be issued on arrival in resort. So that I can check this for you, can you please send me your query and booking reference to cares@thomson.co.uk and I’ll provide further information.

19. bethanyearp@yahoo.co.uk' Bethany Earp

Hi I have printed my boarding passes off for leaving country however my returns aren’t showing?? What do I do??

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Bethany, It may be that your return flight is with a different airline. You can check in and collect your return boarding passes at the airport on your arrival. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

20. n.mcquaid@btinternet.com' Niki McQuaid

I booked online got e tickets but system won’t allow me to check in online. Can anyone help?

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Niki, This is disappointing to hear. If you could please email your query and booking reference to cares@thomson.co.uk, I’ll look into this for you.

21. Lianne_cornes55@hotmail.com' Lianne Butters

Hi, we go to Cyprus on Sunday the 27/7/14, my husband received an email to say that we can check in online but when we try to do so it brings up a message saying it’s unavailable and to check in at the airport. Why is this??

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Lianne, I’m sorry we weren’t able to get back to you before your departure. I’m unable to say without seeing the specific booking why this was however, as you’ll now be aware, you can still check in at the airport on arrival.

22. dagroom71@icloud.com' darren groom

hi i hope you can help i have booked my holiday with first choice
    but flying with Thomas cook do i just take the e-ticket to the airport and check in when i get there and will i be given our boarding passes at the airport

• dagroom71@icloud.com' darren groom

please answer me as im going on holiday soon

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Darren, I’m sorry we weren’t able to answer your query sooner. I’ve now answered your original query.

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Darren, Yes this is correct – If you take your e-ticket and passport to the check in desk, you’ll be given your boarding passes there. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

23. lyndsay-ann@outlook.com' Lyndsay

hi im trying to print boarding passes for a friend however it is freezing at the ‘select your seats’ section and not letting me carry on. how do I print them? if worst comes to worst are my friends still able to get their boarding passes at the airport? thanks

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Lyndsay, I’m sorry that we were unable to reply to your message before you left for your holiday and for any disappointment this may have caused. I hope that you managed to resolve your issue and that you had a lovely holiday.

24. louisejames1979@yahoo.com' Louise James

I am having trouble trying to do my API as every time I try my booking reference it is saying that details are entered wrong. We booked the holiday online and we are flying out to Cyprus with Thomas Cook and back with thomsons. I would like to get this sorted out. As I won’t be able to get my e-tickets for both flights if not sorted out.
    My booking reference is
    My flight reference is
    Flight code out TCX7154
    Flight code in TOM6765
    If you could look into this I would be very grateful as we are going on 10/09/2014 and starting to get a little worried about this problem now.

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Louise, Thanks for you message. As you outbound flight is with Thomas Cook, you won’t be able to provide the API details for this flight. This will need to be done at the airport when you check in. If you enter your return date, not departure date, you’ll be able access your booking and enter your API details for your return flight. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.

25. hannah-davies@hotmail.com' Hannah Davies

Hi, I have printed off my e-tickets for our holiday to Tenerife on Sunday 27th July but do I also need to check in online and print off boarding passes? Or can I just check in at the airport and they will then give me boarding passes? Also what about tickets/boarding passes for the return journey, where do we get those from? Sorry if i’m coming across rather stupid but I just like to double check things. Thanks

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Hannah, I’m sorry that we were unable to reply to your message before you left for your holiday and for any disappointment this may have caused. I hope that you managed to resolve your issue and that you had a lovely holiday.

26. davevalsalvin@gmail.com' david salvin

Please can you tell me the flight no we took from Newcastle to kos on Wednesday 25th May 2011 with thompson

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi David, Unfortunately we wouldn’t have this information. I’m sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

27. Simmo1154@yahoo.com' Dave simmons

Hi we fly out to Costa Blanca in the morning but our computers died on us!!! Can we check in at the airport and get our tickets??

• Phil @Thomson

Hi Dave, I’m sorry we haven’t been able to provide a response before your departure. As I’m sure you’re now aware, you can check in online and print boarding passes at the airport on arrival.